Battery duration HS12 software version 1.4

• Hello All,

I have stated this before: my German writing doesnt make my questions any clearer, so I am just writing it in English. Please answer in any language, I can read it without any problem.

As the title says: I have a query regarding the battery operational time using the HS. So far I have only had two demo days during which I used the HS12 the whole time. Well I intended to use the transmitter the whole day bit I ran out of power. Every time :(

I only recently got it so I gues it was problably on it's 3rd charge before driving day 1. These were all 'slow' charges at 0.25mA for 12+ hours (forgot was it says you should charge it for)
    The first driving day I had backlight on for the display the whole time and was still changing settings and trying my model before the driving day. So I figured it probably wasnt fully charged and having backlight on eats a lot of battery so I should change that. No worries. Just making sure it would be fully charged the next time.

So before the second driving day I prepared. Backlight switched off. Even lowered contrast to about 25%. charged it the day before. Graupner charger, this time at 0.5mA peak voltage charge. Which does an auto switch off when charging. Reading the front of the transmitter, that was considered a quick charge (eg from 0.5-1.0mA see front)

Day 2 didnt go any better. After about 2 times a 2 hour drive. With a half hour lunchbreak in between. The transmitter gave me a low battery warning. On day one I probably got another 15-20 minutes after that warning before the transmitter shut down. That nearly got my excavator and truck trailer in such a state I couldnt box them for going home. (Trailer was up and excavator had extended boom)

The technical specs say it should run for about 8 hours and if I would get a good 6 hours out of it, I wouldnt give it a second thought. But 4 hours just cannot be right.(unless Karsten programmed software for Volkswagen ;)^^^^ Which I doubt)

I heard people talk about 'breaking in batteries' but I have never done so and I don't have bad experiences with Nimh. So I think that is a load of BS.

Has anybody ever run their transmitter empty? After how many hours of continuous use? How long do you get out of a charge approx.

Any suggestions?

As said. I am on v1.4.

Regards,

Richard

• Hello,

this sounds like the battery is indeed 'dead'. Even with backlight 8 hours should be possible.

We will have to switch the battery :( . I will send you an E-Mail with further instructions ;)

Karsten

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!