question about ebene function between hs12 and fc16T&B with servonaut module

• Hello,

I have a question about the HS12 sender and the ebene/level function.

Now i have a fc16T&B with the servonaut module but this has a lack of mixer functions so i'm looking for alternatives.

Because i have already servonaut the HS12 would be the simple solution but what i read in the manual of the HS12 is this "You can assign two functions to all softkeypairs and joysticks - switchable with thelevel switches. One control element canhave function on level 1 and additional onlevel 2a or 2b - not both at the same time."

does this mean that level 2a and 2b cannot be active at the same time?

What i mean is my current config with the fc16 is that i have my upperbody and undercarriage separated with the ebene/level function. the upperbody is controlled and configured with the euronorm (level 1) and the tracks are also controlled by the 2 joysticks (level2) (each track has it's own mfx so left joystick controlles the left track and right joystick controlles the right track). Is this configuration still possible with the HS12?

thanks for answering.

Marco Keller

• Hello Marco,

there is a difference between the 'old' Zwo4F system and the 'new' HS12 concerning level function.
    In the HS12 the level switches select between the controls and NOT between the receivers as in Zwo4F!
    This means that you cannot double each channel with HS12.
    So, to get the same functionality as with Zwo4F, you must connect each servo to a UNIQUE channel.

Example:
    Zwo4F 1. level/receiver channels 1 to 4 -> driving functions (tracks, lights, ...)
    Zwo4F 2. level/receiver channels 1 to 4 -> hydraulic functions (boom, stick, swivelling, ...)

HS12 1. level/receiver channels 1 to 4 -> driving functions, etc.
    HS12 2. level/receiver channels 5 to 8 -> hydraulics, ...
    This could also mean that with HS12 you eventually need receivers with more channels available than would be needed with Zwo4F.

Levels 2a and 2b can in fact be active at the same time.
    What's not possible, is that you cannot assign the same control to level 2a AND level 2b. This would effectively mean 3 levels.

Da das Thema sicherlich für alle (Sender-)Kunden relevant ist, hier eine kurze Zusammenfassung auf Deutsch:
    Es gibt einen gravierenden Unterschied zwischen der "Ebene" im alten Zwo4-System und der Verwendung beim HS12.
    Bei Zwo4 werden mit dem Ebenenschalter alle verfügbaren Kanäle des (Fremd-)Senders auf einen zweiten Empfänger umgeschaltet.
    Beim HS12 wird die Ebenenwahl dazu genutzt, die Geber (Sticks+Tastenpaare) mehrfach nutzen zu können.

Beim alten Zwo4 musste man auf beiden Ebenen(=Empfängern!) die Kanäle 1..4 nutzen, um die 4 Knüppelfunktionen z. B. zum Fahren (Kettenantrieb im Unterwagen) und zum Arbeiten (Hydraulikventile im Oberwagen) verwenden zu können.
    Beim HS12 muss dies über 8 unterschiedliche Kanäle gelöst werden, also z. B. Kanäle 1..4 im Unterwagen und 5..8 im Oberwagen. Dabei ist es unerheblich, ob dies auf einem oder zwei Empfängern passiert!

Des Weiteren bietet der HS12 in Ebene 2 noch die Unterteilung in "a" und "b". Das ist so, weil der HS12 zwei Ebenenumschalter besitzt. Es bedeutet jedoch nicht, dass damit drei Ebenen verwaltet werden können!

Heiko von Graberg
    tematik GmbH

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Heiko () aus folgendem Grund: Deutsche Zusammenfassung angefügt.

• Hello Heiko, thank you for your reaction.

so if i understand you correctly, when i have the HS12 (with 3d sticks) with a R12 receiver i can use channel 1 to 6 for my upperbody hydraulics (boom, stick, etc) in Level 1 and for example channel 10 and 11 in level 2a and 2b to control the tracks with the 3d sticks right? But channel 12 for a multiswitch to switch lights that will not work in al levels only in one, for example level 1?

Marco

• Hello Marco,

yes, exactly, with exception of multiswitch:
    Firstly, multiswitch channel can either be channel 7 OR channel 8 but never channel 12.
    And secondly, multiswitch controls can actually be on level 1 or 2a/b.
    Once again the reminder: In HS12 the level selects between CONTROLS not receivers.

So, this could be a realisitc configuration:

1. receiver (master) in upper body using level 1 controls with assigned channels 1 to 6 for hydraulics and e. g. multiswitch channel X7c for working lights
    2. receiver (slave) in lower body using level 2 controls with assigned channels 8+9 for tracks and e. g. multiswitch channel X7d for driving lights

Prerequisites:
    - both receivers at least 9 channel types
    - two multiswitch decoders required

Auch hier kurz eine deutsche Zusammenfassung:

Der HS12 bietet einen Multiswitch, der nur entweder auf Kanal 7 ODER 8 genutzt werden kann.
    Als Empfänger kommen in diesem Fall dann nur der R9 oder der R12 infrage.
    Die Multiswitch-Geber können/müssen auf beiden Ebenen zugewiesen werden.

Eine mögliche Konfiguration im Modell könnte also sein:
    1. Empfänger (Master) im Oberwagen nutzt auf Ebene 1 die Kanäle 1 bis 6 für Hydraulik und z. B. den Multiswitch-Kanal X7c für das Arbeitslicht
    2. Empfänger (Slave) im Unterwagen nutzt auf Ebene 2 die Kanäle 8 und 9 für den Kettenantrieb und z. B. den Multiswitch-Kanal X7d für das Fahrlicht

Voraussetzungen:
    - beide Empfänger müssen mindestens 9 Kanäle haben
    - es werden zwei Multiswitch-Decoder im Modell benötigt

Heiko von Graberg
    tematik GmbH

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Heiko () aus folgendem Grund: Übersetzung ergänzt

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!