• Hello,

I'm writing in English because my German writing would probably just lead to more confusion. I can read German ansers without any problem, so please feel free to answer in whatever language.

I have a question about the transmitter tray for the HS12. Reading the desciption and one of the messages here on the forum gives me the impressions it is not really a 'separate tray' but rather a number of parts which are mounted on the transmitter.

The reason I am asking is that my transmitter is in a pretty tight compartment in my excavator transport box.

Are there some videos and/or detailed pictures online of putting the pult on the transmitter? I'm wondering if this is considered a do it once thing or if it is intended to be taken apart at the end of each driving day.

Do you always need tools for it? The forum post mentioned inbus tool. That doesnt sound like you do it by hand every time you take your RC model out for a drive/dig :-(

Still I think it looks awesome, compared to some alternatively available trays.

Regards,

Richard

• Hello Richard

The tray is mounted on the transmitter in such a way that it really makes no sense to remove it at the end of each driving day. Sorry. But so its a stable and lightweight unit at the same time. :|

• Hello, Richard

As Herr Völker already wrote, it wouldn't be very practical to remove the tray after each use. The parts for the tray arrive like this:

Once the tray has been bolted together it looks like this:

And the finished thing with transmitter looks like this:

However, you should be aware that the bolts which fix the tray to the transmitter replace the original bolts in the transmitter case. So were you to remove the tray each time, it would also mean that the bottom of the transmitter is no longer fastened to the top. I also had a compartment in my model's transport box for the old transmitter in which the new HS-12 no longer fits (neither with nor without tray). I now simply carry the transmitter in a separate aluminium case along with a few tools and bits and bobs.

I wonder, if Herr Völker is reading this, will Servonaut one day produce an aluminium transport case especially for the HS-12 with tray? I'm sure it'd be a great idea - especially if one could choose the panels (alu, or in the same colour as their HS-12)!

Hope this helps, Richard.

Greetings from Switzerland

Steve

• Hi Steve,

Thank you for the detailed pictures and explanation. It made it very clear.

It is a shame it won't fit in the compartment anymore. (Especially since I cut a few holes in it already to make the HS12 fit in the first place :S )

The fact it replaces existing screws makes it useless to unmount per event. First I thought unscrewing it would be an option seeing your picture showing the assembled pult. But if the base is then loose it's a nightmare.

Guess it's going to be carrying a separate case for it,.. :-(

As you say, maybe one day you can get them in matching colors :-)

Thank you!

Richard

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!